Living in the modern times, it’s difficult for us to look back and be able to relate to the people from the “olden days.”
The cultures of our age compared to those from centuries ago differ vastly in many ways, from the clothes we wear to the content of our vocabularies. But while many words of long ago are all but forgotten, you may be surprised to learn some of them are way more relevant right now than you’d expect. You probably couldn’t imagine yourself using most of the 20 historical words below in regular conversations, but when you read their meaning, you’ll want to use them all the time.
1. Slugabed: a lazy person who stays in bed late.
2. Cacoethes: an irresistible urge to do something inadvisable.
3. Abligurition: spending lavish amounts of money on fine food.
5. Peg puff: a young woman with the manners of an old one.
7. Perendinate: to postpone until the day after tomorrow.
9. Philogrobilized: conveys a hangover without having to admit you’ve been drinking.
10. Kakistocracy: a system of government which is run by the worst, least qualified, or most unscrupulous citizens.
13. Grumbletonian: an person who is often unhappy and grumbles as a result.
15. Uhtceare: pre-dawn anxiety in which one is lying awake and worrying.
19. Dysania: the state of finding it very hard to get out of bed in the morning.
Read more: http://www.viralnova.com/relevant-historical-words/